Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Netflix Instant is the Devil

Last Sunday I bought one of those fundraiser candy bars that little kids sell door-to-door because I am incapable of saying no to six year olds. So, I took a bite of it yesterday & it was so foul I had to throw it out. Yes, there is such a thing as bad chocolate. Really. Bad. Chocolate.

Maybe I'm just picky.

I am cooking again, which is yet another sign that the deep, deep funk has passed. I made a big batch of stir-fry with Jasmine rice yesterday, which beats the bejeezus out of frozen pizza. I enjoyed my dinner with a nice, cold glass of Reisling (which M claims makes my breath smell like racing fuel) & we watched Californication on Netflix Instant which is a tremendous time-suck, but I don't care because sometimes we need to just chill. David Duchovny is adorable even when he looks seedy. I still have my Fox Mulder action figure. M understands this.

I have added all three seasons of Arrested Development (funniest. show. ever.) to the instant queue. I love Gob. He makes me want to be a bad magician and ride around on a segway.



(Speaking of segues & a magician named GOB) I am waiting to hear back about a job this week.


On my mind today:

1.) Tesseracts

2.) Roasted Cauliflower

3.) Summer Dresses & Pretty, Impractical Shoes


Z turns 20 tomorrow. This will involve chocolate cupcakes & restaurant pizza.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

We are an Arrested Development family. Own the whole canon.

Yay for the upcoming b-day cupcakes! New word: cupcoming!

Susan said...

It's hilarious, isn't it? I *love* that show.

I'm excited about the cupcoming cakes. Heh. I wonder if it's safe to make them today, or if they'll all disappear within the next 24 hours...