Monday, April 5, 2010

From the Desk of Susie Crankypants

Sometimes I write a blog entry & then I have blogger's remorse & wonder if I should delete the occasional post by my alter ego, Susie Crankypants (as she can be a tad snarky & negative), but I am too compulsive. Still, I would like communicate via sea monkey on every other Thursday, at least. I write in this electronic space because it helps to get me started, to play around with words a bit before I play around with them For Reals. My monthly horoscope warned me against posting too much personal stuff on facebook & twitter as I might offend some random human. It didn't say anything about my blog. Heh.

Yesterday was Easter or Whatever Spring Holiday You Celebrate & it was mostly quiet over here, just a handful of us eating & talking. I made the usual roast beast, a fingerling potato salad vinaigrette, a veggie casserole, a chickory & strawberry salad, some rolls, red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing. I have leftovers. I am not having them for breakfast, although M took a cupcake with him this morning. I would have loved a big pan of homemade macaroni & cheese like Rachel was having, but I am the only person who appreciates such things & I cannot consume a whole pan of that by myself, no matter how delicious it is with the panko crumb topping & oh man I shoulda just made it anyway.


My husband's grandmother brought us a bouquet of Easter Lilies & the whole house smells very floral.

I slept with the window open again so I could smell the rain. I am thinking about all things olfactory this morning. This weekend, the house smelled like rain & lilies & chocolate-y cupcakes.

I like to listen to the rain too. It's soothing.

I am throwing caution to the wind & having a cup of coffee this morning. This may or may not be a horrible decision. I don't care, but I might care later.

4 comments:

Rachel Mallino said...

the homemade mac and cheese was delicious, btw!!!! We had none left over.

Your menu, however, was way more palate-mature than ours and I would have loved it. I'm the only one in the house that loves creative food dishes. wah.

Susan said...

I love mac & cheese--especially homemade :)

My son (who--at nineteen--is more or less an adult) ate nothing but ham & rolls (& two cupcakes). My fancy veggies did not impress him one bit.

The rest of the grown-ups ate everything.

Rachel Mallino said...

keeping up with our mac and cheese obsession - I just had, for the first time, pimento mac and cheese! OMG - it was mouth watering!!! Have you ever tried it? I'm going to try and find a recipe for it. I highly recommend!

Susan said...

That sounds like *fancy* mac & cheese!

I'm going to have to make some soon, even if it's only for myself :)