1. Simone Muench's new chapbook, Orange Girl (I got a copy of this yesterday--Thanks Melissa! And thanks to Simone for signing it, too!--and just love it...what a beautiful collection of poems. Available from dancing girl press.)
2. Steaz organic green tea soda (Yeah, it's probably still really bad for you, what with all the carbonation and sugar, but I figure it's marginally better than a Diet Coke, health-wise. Tasty, too.)
3. Ginger Snaps (Had my Friday night DVD mini-marathon of terror yesterday, and have a new favorite horror movie. Quirky. Brilliant. Loved it!)
4. Having the time to write. (Yeah, I'm missing school, a little--it'll be more profound once Fall arrives, I'm sure. But I'm grateful to have made some more room in my life for creativity.)
5. deviantART (What an amazing site! I love seeing how artists/creative people are utilizing online spaces. Highly recommended for all art lovers. )
Last week was hectic, with very little time for actual work. Way too much running, not enough me time...
Had a nice, but busy weekend. I saw Mirror of the Invisible World at the Goodman on Saturday--see my comments/review on blossombones blog. Hit the bookstore downtown, bought more stuff I don't need.
Sunday: did bridesmaid duty for Jen, tying tiny little bows on tiny little silver bells--only for you, girlfriend!
Of course, Jen made the whole thing much more palatable with a couple of pitchers of margaritas. Smart lady.
At any rate, I am back up in my office working on various writing/editing tasks. I plan on working much more diligently on my little manuscript, as well as putting some cool stuff together for blossombones.
Preliminary editorial meeting with Melissa later this week. We've gotten some really great submissions.
Susan Slaviero lives on the cusp of a hellmouth, where she vanquishes evil with poetry and cupcakes. She hopes to someday land a job as either a dog whisperer or a telephone psychic. In the meantime, she writes. She has a fondness for esoterica.