Thursday, August 2, 2007

random late-night ramblings

I am currently pondering the following bits of miscellany:

a. Why is it that no matter how many times I proofread something, I am still finding typos? (Seriously, I can read something like thirty times, declare it perfect, send it out, and later discover some disgustingly obvious error....) I think my brain just fills in the blanks and glosses over mistakes or something. It only happens with reading my own stuff, though. I can proof the work of others something fierce.....

b. Why is it that I'm always drowsy when I need to stay awake, and wired when I need sleep?

c. Will I ever be able to balance on one foot?

d. What should I read next? Why does nothing on the shelf appeal to me?

e. Why, oh why, am I now having some serious problems with the new email server? Irritating, to say the least. I will probably spend tomorrow afternoon on the phone with tech support, and I'm sooooo not looking forward to that!

I'm sure there's even more weirdness floating around in my brain right now--

I probably shouldn't have had three iced teas at dinner tonight. If I didn't have to drive, I could have had some wine. I'd probably be sleeping right now....But I can't complain about a fun night out with fab women, chinese food, etc...Even though I am paying the price with current state of wakefulness.

3 comments:

... said...

I would totally recommend Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series over the Kim Harrison book anytime. LKH rules the school when it comes to sassy, snarky heroines.

Susan said...

I have all of Laurel K. Hamilton's books from Guilty Pleasures through Narcissus in Chains. I LOVED the series all the way through Blue Moon, was disappointed in Obsidian Butterfly, and gave up after Narcissus...I missed the old, human Anita Blake...She was like a super-cool grown-up Buffy!

Admittedly, I haven't read any more since Narcissus...so would you recommend giving the series another go?

I've read the Gentry novels, too, but never liked them as much as Anita Blake. (I've even read some of her old fantasy novels, but nothing is quite like the early Blake novels! I've probably read them all at least twice, some of them three times...)

... said...

Oh, I'd definitely try 'em again (but then, I'm a totally sucker for the fact that she's 75% supernatural p0rn now... *giggle*).