Thursday, May 8, 2008

ramble



Warm days are popping up on occasion...this always makes me feel a little crazy. Like I want to sit on the roof and drink beer and stare at the moon crazy. Or maybe I want to write something extra weird crazy. Don't know for sure.

Speaking of crazy, Harley the semi-wonder dog is driving me out of my mind. He stares at me. Like ALL the time. He's getting extra-needy in his old age. I love my dog, but it's gettin' a little creepy. Wonder what he's thinking...

He probably just wants my sandwich. Or my mac and cheese.

So now I'll have to purge my brain and write a story about a dog. A creepy horror / sci fi thing that makes no sense, except to me. Maybe I'll post it when I'm done. Uh huh. Maybe.

I have a feeling it's going to be a strange summer.

***

I have finished responding to all the poetry subs...both exciting and exhausting, this editing thing. I love it though! I get to read some amazing stuff, which I can't wait to share with you all!

We've got some damn fine short fiction for summer too!

I can't wait to get started putting it all together! Expect us to go live by mid-June.

***

Currently Reading (Fiction): Magic for Beginners by Kelly Link

This book is everything good short fiction should be...beautiful, strange, utterly enchanting, and just a little scary. I love it! It's one of those books you hope will never end...

Currently Reading (Poetry): ECTOPLASMIC NECROPOLIS by Blood Pudding Press

Everything from BPP is so wonderfully unexpected! I've been flirting with the pages for the last couple of days, checking out the poems here and there, in between loads of laundry or during optometrist-recommended breaks from the computer screen. I'm just digging all the varied and intriguing voices lingering between the folds of paper...And I'm totally thrilled to be a little part of this collection!

You should totally buy one, you know.

***

And:

A few new bits of poesy...coming soon!

***

I seem to blog in fragments, these days.

No comments: