Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday afternoon confessions

1. Like many bloggers, I spend WAY too much time online. Seriously. Of course, I like to think of it as a fieldwork exercise, studying cyberculture for some future writing project or some such thing, but really, I think I might just be cyberslacking ...

2. I haven't worked out in two weeks. I feel mega-guilty. Maybe tomorrow.

3. I was going to tackle some laundry this afternoon, but I just couldn't do it. Here's why:


He just looks so comfy.

4. I have an overwhelming desire to engage in some serious virtual book-shopping. There are so many poetry books I'm dying to read...Adding things to the wish list is satisfying, but not nearly as satisfying as when I find a box from Amazon on the porch.

5. I have no desire to study for the GRE. I've decided I'm not taking it until next year, if at all. Eff it.

6. While I wrote this up primarily for sh*ts and giggles, I like my moody writer bio so much I'm considering changing my blogger profile.

7. While I got up at a reasonable hour this morning--generally unheard of on a Sunday! At least for me--I lay about on the sofa watching The Host and eating rice krispie treats until about 10:30. I can't think of a better way to be completely unproductive.

8. I laid out my cards this week, and the King of Swords appeared. Again.



This is the fourth time in a row. Obviously, I need shift gears, and be more assertive in pursuing all this *stuff* I'm trying to achieve. I'm feeling overwhelmed, though.

Tomorrow, I will NOT bum around. I swear.

But you have to admit, sometimes it's just necessary.

No comments: