Monday, May 24, 2010

Tiny pockets of abnormality


Z has given me his summer cold, which, in addition to three days of angry stomach, is making it impossible to sleep for more than a few hours at a time.

I dreamt that I invented a device called the Etruscan Head Clamp. It looked like a gladiator helmet. The EHC was used on customers who check out samples of carpet & linoleum & it would squeeze one's head like a vice until the samples were returned to the flooring department.

I can feel the anxiety creeping back into my brain like squiggly little baby spiders. This begins with a random twitch here & there, followed by another & another until suddenly I am overwhelmed by the swarming, wriggling sensation of ick. Maybe it's the heat. The world seems like a very cranky place these days. Everybody needs a cookie. Or a frozen margarita.

I was working in the garden center today & a little girl of about eight or so told me You are very unlucky to have this job. I replied Things could always be worse. I feel lucky to be working at all, even if it means being outside in the 90 degree heat.

I am having difficulty making sense of things. Also: I could really, really use a lemon-lime slushie right about now, but I think they're pretty hard to come by at 4 a.m. so I shall have to settle for a glass of ice water.

I feel as though I have reached a point where I lack the necessary drive to succeed at anything but this may be an illusion. The Moon has appeared in my last two tarot readings, so it's possible that I am letting my imagination mess with my head these days.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Yes, the frozen margarita or the lemon-lime slushie both sound good.

I had trouble sleeping last night, too, but I think it was as much my husband's snoring as the heat.

...As he has a cold, which he gave me...but I have been baking mine out in the sun.

Annandale Dream Gazette said...

Hi Susan,

May I include the dream paragraph of your post in the Annandale Dream Gazette?

http://annandaledreamgazetteonline.blogspot.com

--Lynn Behrendt

Susan said...

@Kathleen - Whenever I think of margaritas, I am reminded of your poem about Lot's wife!


@Lynn - Sounds like fun! I'd love to be a part of it :)

Dana said...

I want that head clamp, not for myself but to use on others. Though I might feel bad about clamping someone's head inside it. A little bad.

517SeritaG_Jamar0 said...

成人卡通 視訊34c 母子亂倫聊天室 免費無碼片 台灣交友網 日本女優無碼 無名小站性感美女影片 影片試看 偷拍,影片 基隆聊天室 女性愛愛 性愛自拍 18成人網站 少女色情 洪爺成人影城 彩虹a片 情色卡通線上看 麗的色情小遊 一夜情a片 aio愛情館影片免費383 完美女人 玩美影城 性感美女 辣妹鋼管脫衣秀 人妻短片下載 熟女貼圖 a片下載 視訊聊天室 a圖看到爽 限制級寫真集 85cc免費看成人片 微風成人a片本土 嘟嘟 色情777 熊貓貼圖 援交自拍影片 情人趣味用品 免費脫衣 免費av片觀賞 洪爺影城 大奶阿尼 mofosex. 下載a圖 日本av巨乳 性愛光碟 後宮電影院18jack 限制級 live0204 免費看性愛影片 正妹走光露點