Thursday, July 14, 2016

Random Update

How does time pass so quickly? Summer is just rolling by...

Prednisone taper was a complete fail.  Within two weeks I could not stand to put weight on my leg and had broken out in a wicked rash.  So, I am stuck on steroids, for now.  Drag.  More medication changes ahead!  Still working out some details, but I am hopeful that we will find a treatment that works without destroying my bones in the process.

I just finished reading All The Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders, which I really enjoyed, because there are witches and talking animals and an Artificial Intelligence, so hell yeah.

I also re-read The Alienist because I have been in the mood to revisit things an I am now kind of obsessed with the time period because I just re-watched all three seasons of Penny Dreadful, which is so unbelievably good.

Also: my house is overrun with centipedes.  I'm certain this is a troubling omen.

No comments: