Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blah, blah, blah & various

Perfect.

How I love that break in the work schedule, the mythical unicorn I call My Lovely Day Off.

I spent today making collage, writing, cooking (a pan of brownies, another pot of marinara sauce because Z and I seem to live on spaghetti dinners these days, a batch of Jasmine rice for frying up in the wok with veggies tomorrow) and just generally pretending to be human. I am worried about my sanity. I suspect I am showing the symptoms of premature menopause. I am sweating profusely even as I write this. I am always hot, and everybody else is bundled up in their hoodies. I feel strange, but this is nothing new. Perhaps I will wake up tomorrow sporting a spiral horn in the center of my forehead.

I spent a bit of time taking the Kid to & fro today, as I often do.

No doubt I shall dream tonight of my body imploding.

I found a recipe for potato waffles that sounds intriguing. But at the moment, I am full of spaghetti.

The next unicorn is due to arrive in six days. Rumor has it she likes buttered popcorn, rootbeer floats, and Japanese horror flicks.

I want to get dressed up and go dancing.

***

stats for 9-16-10

What I said to my mom on the phone today: "I feel like I'm living in a David Lynch film. I keep waiting for a severed ear to appear on the front lawn."

What I'm reading: Blogs and Cereal Boxes

What I'm feeling: Mood-swingy, Distracted

What I'm eating : Way too much spaghetti, peanut butter sandwiches with honey on whole wheat, Golden Delicious apples

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I have a lovely day off today!