Monday, November 16, 2009

More Proof that I Require Therapy

Is there anyone who *isn't* overwhelmed this time of year?

I've never felt more completely buried in mundane tasks. I've always been so sure of my organizational skills--I make lists, keep an accurate calendar, and maintain a running dialogue with myself about what I need to do.

I'm beginning to forget things.

I've missed out on a few things I meant to do last week, which has me feeling horrible. I almost forgot a few bills, too. Yeesh. Now the holidays loom, and I honestly don't know how it's all going to get done. I think I applied for about 20 different jobs last week, too. Maybe I should consider going back to school. I keep waffling on this. I might take the GRE next year, just to see how I do. Oy.

I had a dream the other night that I was applying for a job at a university library. I was given one day to find all the information on a list given to me by the librarian, or I wouldn't get the job. It was something reminiscent of a literary scavenger hunt... I needed to locate information on medieval medical techniques, decipher texts in Latin, and figure out computer passwords without assistance. I remember one of the books I had to find (something by Joan Didion) was locked in a glass box, and I couldn't find the key. I was also required to persuade library patrons to engage in a variety of strange tasks, and write poems that imitate the style of several contemporary poets. It was both stressful and exciting. It's also a painfully obvious dream, almost too easy to interpret, which suggests that I grow even more predictable with age.

I must also learn how to blog without sounding angsty. Ha.

I think I'm overtired because I've been staying up late to catch up on Season 5 of LOST on hulu. This is not in any way productive, but my brain is pretty tired by 10:00 p.m. anyway. Also, we no longer have cable (belt-tightening and such), so I need to get my t.v. fix online these days.

I'm looking forward to a much quieter week. Last week was crazy, but productive.

No comments: