Thursday, September 4, 2008

I haven't been blogging much because I'm totally buried right now.

I'm trying to get a website together for a local racing club, trying to read subs for both the fall special and winter issues of blossombones, trying to edit and send out my own stuff...Ack. (Not to mention all the everyday family business!)

At any rate, if we're a little delayed in responding to winter subs this time around, it's because I'm reading two sets of submissions at once! Not my greatest of ideas...Next time, if we do a special issue, we'll shut down regular subs for a few months, I think...

I'm also having print fantasies. Oh, how I would love to do some print stuff too! ...Maybe an anthology or a chapbook series? Alas, this will have to simmer for a while.

It's all going to get done. It always does, right?

***

The weather is quite autumnal here in the midwest. Rainy and chilly today. Makes me want to cook stuff. I'm thinking about mashed potatoes. Homemade bread. Lasagna. I am tired of salads and summer heat.

***

Also: My partner in crime at blossombones, Melissa Culbertson, has a new chapbook available. Pick up your copy of The Fire-Wife here!

No comments: