Friday, March 3, 2017

45 and Still Alive

So, it's been a month since my last day of work already!  Where does the time go?  I turned 45 on February 17th and it was a really wonderful birthday.  I am surrounded by people I love.  I can walk (not for a super long time, but long enough), drive, and keep food down (so long as I am not foolish!) Life is never perfect, but I am so, so grateful right now.

I am doing well, I think.  I had a cortisone shot in my crazy bad leg on Tuesday and now that the soreness has (finally! after 3 days of ice packs!) gone away I see some improvement in my range of motion.  I also had my IV Benlysta on Tuesday along with my shot.  No changes to my medication.  Still on Prednisone, but hoping to see the dosage continue to drop...

Not waking up at 3 a.m. anymore has helped me tremendously.  I feel almost-normal.

I am happy.

I am reading lots of books. I am writing again, albeit kind of slowwwwwwwly.  That's okay though.

I am cooking again, too.  I baked some snickerdoodles for my mom.  Of course there are fancy soups in the works and maybe a fabulous chocolate cake?  Who knows?

Aaaaaand I just dumped a glass of ice water on my poetry notebook, because some things never change! Off to dry my pages!!


No comments: